Looking for a job with meaning?
We are the Ayni Institute
We are invested in supporting leaders and organizations that seek to build a world of reciprocity, where the dignity of all peoples and Mother Earth are respected.
We are rooted in the immigrant community and in the experiences of the Immigrant Rights Movement. We have been around for almost 10 years and are based in East Boston. We are looking for people that are respectful, relational and responsible.
Current roles we are looking for:
Ayni School Coordinator
Overview of Role
The purpose of the Ayni School Coordinator is to administer and manage the Ayni School platform in order to increase the accessibility and enrollment of the school’s courses and cohorts, through outreach campaigns and improvement of the school’s web design and technological features. After receiving training on the platform, the Ayni School Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Ayni Institute staff to ensure that objectives and metrics are reached. The coordinator will also receive ongoing leadership development and mentorship from the Ayni Team on an ongoing basis. We also know and understand that job positions are aspirational, so we are committed to supporting and coaching you to be able to accomplish the key responsibilities.
This is a full time position, the general schedule will be approximately 35 hours per work week, and this may vary based on emerging needs, projects, hosting of events, and retreats.
For this position, it is required that the applicant is able to travel or commute to Boston and attend retreats and important events/team meetings.
- Education: We are looking for someone who can strategize, absorb and synthesize content, create educational materials, and can understand complex theories and how to integrate them into our work. We are also looking for people with a passion for learning. While we prefer some educational experience, there are no minimum school requirements for this position.
- Groundedness or rootedness in community issues & social justice work or service/volunteer work providing for underserved communities.
- Someone who is flexible and understands that roles and responsibilities are flexible and constantly changing due to emerging and shifting needs within the organization. We value people who are problem solvers and can change and adapt to address these emerging needs.
- Willingness to learn and be mentored in coordination, facilitation, skills, outreach, management, and leadership development.
- Open to communicating with large audiences and outreaching to individuals and organizations through phone, email, in-person, and social media.
- Ability to create and analyze financial metrics that are pertinent to the Ayni School and a capacity to create budgets per project. While we prefer this trait, it is not a requirement so long as you are willing to be mentored and learn how to do this.
- Feels comfortable learning how to work with technological systems and self-directed troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with or open to learning about digital advertising, outreach, and promotion campaigns.
- Computer Skills
- Google Suite (Gmail, Documents, Spreadsheets)
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Email Marketing Preferred (Mailchimp or other email marketing)
- Website Builder Experience Preferred (Any – WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, or Shopify)
- Basic Graphic Design preferred (Canva or Photoshop)
- Oral and written communication
- Project Management (Campaigns, Programs, Deliverables)
- Teamwork (Leading or working in teams)
- Experience with Self-Management (time-management, problem-solving, organization, decision making, self-motivation, resourcefulness)
Compensation for the Ayni School Coordinator position varies according to personal needs and is negotiable.
Submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Resume and cover letter requested by 09/30/22. Position will remain open until filled.
Overview of Role:
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to keep our Eastie (East Boston) office running smoothly and efficiently. They will be in charge of the day-to-day maintenance of our Ayni office, be responsible for developing and maintaining our database, and supporting with team logistics and incoming communications. This is a full-time job with a great opportunity to assist our staff with diverse projects and provide general administrative support.
The ideal candidate will be based in East Boston or nearby, and have 1-2 previous years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or with the key responsibilities named above. We also know and understand that job positions are aspirational, so we are committed to supporting and coaching you to be able to accomplish the key responsibilities below.
This is a full time position. The general schedule will be approximately 35 hours per work week and may vary based on emerging needs, projects, hosting of events, and retreats.
- Assist in the coordination of administrative functions
- Includes: budget, personnel, and clerical duties; reviewing, organizing and maintaining written and computer files; preparing confidential documents and reports; note-taking at meetings and making sure there’s follow up on administrative tasks; helping to implement new programs, procedures, methods, and systems; researching, developing and updating administrative systems to improve work efficiency and communications
- Upkeep our office
- Includes: greeting and assisting visitors, coordinating repairs to office equipment, re-stocking and ordering office supplies, connecting with the building manager to carry out fixes and improvements
- Develop and maintain a CRM (Customer Relations Management) System
- Includes: researching and identifying the best system for us to use, inputting information and keeping it up to date, maintaining contact lists
- Manage the Ayni Calendar and team logistics
- Includes: coordinating and scheduling team trainings, retreats, Board meetings, etc.; being in charge of logistics and travel arrangements for team retreats and trips; supporting in creating an effective team calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts
- Organize and inventory our assets
- Includes: creating, and maintaining accurate inventory of books, equipment, items in storage, etc.
- Handle internal and incoming communications
- Includes: opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence via our mail and main email system
We are seeking someone who loves supporting teams to be successful, enjoys managing logistics and keeping things organized, takes the initiative to communicate and follow up with others, is open to learning, and is able to swarm to the various needs of an organization that is creative, adaptable and community-oriented.
There are no minimum school requirements for this position, however, they should feel comfortable with Gmail Suite (Drive, Documents, Sheets, Slides, Form, Etc.) and have strong oral and written communication skills. We also prefer if they have experience with the following but, if not, that they’re willing to learn about:
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems
It’s also important that they are or want to be grounded in community issues & social justice work and/or have provided service/volunteer work for underserved communities.
Lastly, they should be detail-oriented and independent enough to manage their own projects and improve our online systems and office space. If you’re bilingual in Spanish, it’s a plus but not required.
Compensation for this position varies and is negotiable.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to Fhatima Paulino at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2022.