This training will introduce participants to the concepts of movement ecology and seasonality. The training will cover the basics of theories of social change and strategy, with the goal of helping participants find their role and timing within social movements. We will also explore the common barriers and opportunities for major collaborations.
With this training we hope to accomplish the following outcomes:
- To understand the basic theories of social change
- To provide basic strategic framework for creating social change in many different ways
- To offer a process for individuals, organizations, and movements to make good strategic decisions
- To identify seasons of leadership for individuals, organizations, and movements
- To introduce simple model for more collaborative culture
Training Format & Logistics:
The training will incorporate a wide variety of formats including presentations, exercises, and discussions in large and small groups. Sessions will run 5-8pm on Friday and 9am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday at the Ayni Office in East Boston. Light breakfast will be served on Saturday and Sunday mornings starting at 8:30am.
Criteria for Participation:
This training is designed for organizers and activists who want to gain a deeper perspective on multiple theories of change and strategic frameworks that they will find throughout their leadership career. It is also for anyone who wants to better understand timing and seasonality for themselves, for their organizations, and for their movements. This training is open to everyone, whether you have participated in a movement ecology training before or whether this is your first time.
We offer a pay scale to support all kinds of people to attend this training regardless of financial need.